No one wants to get caught in a hurricane, so consider installing hurricane window products and doors if you live on or near the coast. Hurricane winds can destroy a house if they enter through a window or door. Our window installation company installs hurricane windows near me with soundproofing features to help keep your family safe from the storm’s noise. Plus, protect yourself from potential burglars who may try to break into your home during a storm!
So, hurricane protection is essential; just ask anyone who has experienced the after-effects of a storm. It is shocking how much force it takes to collapse a building or a house. But powerful categories 4 and 5 can do this, plus even more damage. You can install shutters, but it is dangerous to climb a ladder and have an accident when the weather gets complicated.
After the storm, you must remove them or stay in the heat and darkness when the electricity goes off. So, consider our hurricane-resistant windows and doors products instead.
Why do Hurricanes Destroy Houses?
Hurricanes bring rain but wind and dangerous gusts exceeding any regular door and window. It will bring hurricane winds through your house and cause severe structural damage. It is why hurricane window products are so essential to have installed in the home, and hurricane doors too!
Hurricane Window Products Bring Stronger Glass
Impact window manufacturers make windows more durable than regular ones to withstand powerful winds. The hurricane window glass is also thicker than standard glass of the same size. As a result, it helps to reduce noise levels drastically!
Impact windows have many glass options to pick from, including tempered and laminated glass.
Most people know what laminated glass is; it is the kind of glass cars use for their windshields. However, impact items use a unique film interlayer and a thicker glass sandwich to significantly sturdier the impact glass. Some pros of laminated glass are:
- Hurricane-resistant windows can decrease your month-to-month energy bill.
- Impact windows also improve security for your home or building.
- It decreases noise pollution like car beeps and loud neighbors.
- Reduces almost all UV rays that can fade your furniture or cause skin cancer.
Different Types Of Hurricane Impact Window Styles
There are different hurricane impact window styles available that you can choose from – hinged, sliding, or bay and bow. You can even have all three options installed on your house for maximum protection.
Often, homeowners think that impact windows have no style and look like an entire piece of glass. However, hurricane windows have evolved and have many types to match a home’s design and appearance.
PGT WinGuard Impact Manufacturer
If you don’t know much about window brands, consider buying PGT WinGuard impact windows. PGT makes hurricane windows with impact-resistant glass that withstand category-five hurricane winds and rain.
This type of hurricane window also has an energy-efficient coating which makes it safe for use in extreme weather conditions.
PGT hurricane windows come with a limited lifetime guarantee, and you can choose from different styles depending on your requirements or preference!
Who needs Hurricane Windows and Doors?
Most people that live in hurricane-prone regions need some type of storm protection. However, homeowners that live in more dangerous areas need impact windows and doors. Hurricane window prevents hurricane winds from getting into your house.
It helps prevent the potential damage caused to both the exterior and interior areas of your home.
Other reasons to enjoy Hurricane Impact Window Products
- If you are lucky, you can enjoy the soundproofing properties hurricane window products provide, which can be very important if you live in an area with a lot of noise pollution.
- Besides soundproofing, these windows also can prevent a break-in if an intruder tries to break a window with a rock or hammer. I will not lie, the window may break, but the burglar won’t be able to penetrate and go inside your home.
- Impact Window also is energy-efficient since they bring quality glass, so expect a reasonable reduction of your energy consumption.
- Lastly, insurance love impact windows, and they may even give you a discount.